Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Saturday 3/29/2014
'47 nickel Plated Gillette Aristocrat
Personna Blue Lab
Whipped Dog Boar - 30mm
WSO "White Lightning" Premium Shave Soap
WSO "White Lightning" Ultimate Skincare Aftershave Blash
CO Bigelow Black Pepper Elixir

Really nice shave today. I absolutely love the Aristocrat. It is a great razor. Never get a bad shave from it. Nice mix of mildness and aggression. Nice handle size and feel. Good weight to it. Very comfortable razor. I picked this one up and it was really beat up aesthetically but functionally it worked great. Nice tight, not sloppy, movement. Firm 1/4 turn lock down. I was going to get it replated in gold however I came across a '48 Aristocrat, in the case, never used, that I got for a fantastic price. Since I had then had a nice example of a gold Aristocrat I decided to get this plated in nickel. Compliments to Krona Kruiser who did an absolutely fantastic job on this. This pic doesnt do it justice. Im sure one day Ill use it for the Vintage Razor Review and then I'll post some pics that show how beautiful the razor looks. 

Personna Blue Labs are simply a fantastic blade for me, work well in every razor I own. Kind of a cant go wrong and they are so reasonably priced. I recommend them to anyone who asks.

The Whipped Dog boar is a beast of a brush at a whopping 30mm this thing lathers like you would not believe. As those who have used them know my soaps are a hard soap. This thing had an amazing amount of lather in under a minute. Now granted I dont have to fiddle around with adding water much etc. Using the soaps virtually every single shave and numerous test lathers I kind of have the amount down. Even that taken into consideration I am very pleased with how the White Lightning lathers and with this brush it was simply compounded.

Once again I used the White Lightning Soap and Blash. These are both at the top of my favorite list right now. I love the cooling of the menthol and the way my skin feels post shave and especially post Blash use. I also like how there is no clash with any cologne with it.

After my shave was a few sprays of CO Bigelow Black Pepper Elixir. I really like the smell of this. It is a masculine scent and I love the Black Pepper tones.

Todays shave was a fine shave. A nice, take my time, enjoyable Saturday am shave. I hope you all enjoyed your shave as much as I did today!

Enjoy Your Shaves!
Jim@WetShaveObsession.com

No comments:

Post a Comment