Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tonight's Shave

3/4/2014
RazoRock SLAB Razor
Personna Lab
Vie-Long 2013 Beehive Horse/Badger Mix
WetShaveObsesssion Pre-Shave Oil
WetShaveObsession Baywood Premium Shave Soap
WetShaveObsession Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

So for me shaving is my "me" time. It has been suffering a bit lately as with 2 young children and being very busy I haven't been able to necessarily take my time and relax as much as I would like my last few shaves. The shaves themselves have been great, but not the whole shave experience. Well tonight was different. My wife took over with the kids, I was able to take my time, relax, put on some Stanley Jordan (jazz guitarist), and really, really enjoy my shave! I prepped with a warm water face wash and then some Pre-Shave Oil. While the PSO did its thing I set about lathering, my brush was already soaking. Whipped up some lather and applied. I really enjoy the Baywood scent. I love my new Vie-Long Badger/Horse Combo. It is working its way right to the top of my rotation. Had a fantastic 3 pass shave. With, across and against the grain. The RR SLAB is a nice razor for me. Very well suited on the aggressiveness scale for my liking. Finished shave with a cold water rinse, Patted face, applied some Bay Rum ASB. Checked out my results. Very fine shave. Turned off Stanley Jordan and went about my night feeling very relaxed and refreshed. I needed a shave like this one! I hope you all had a great shave today! Jim@WetShaveObsession

No comments:

Post a Comment