Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Monday 3/24/2014
EJ DE89 Head on Bulldog Handle
Personna Med Prep (3rd Shave)
Turkish #6 Horse
WSO Prototype Signature Shave Stick
WSO Prototype Lime Blash


       This one was a quick one. I was in a bit of a hurry. In fact it has been a hectic day, so hectic that Im posting this 7am shave at 2:30am the next morning! Unfortunately I dont always get to take my time and enjy a shave the way I would like but I take solace in the fact that a not so great shave with a DE,SE or Injector is still much better than a good one with a cartridge!
       I used the good old DE89 head on a new Bulldog Handle I just picked up. I have to say I really like the DE89 head. It just works so well under all circumstances for me. I face lathered with the WSO Shave Stick which I finally have down how much to initially apply. I had been putting on way to much and ending up with far too much excess lather but now this is what I had in the brush after giving it a squeeze post 3rd pass.
       Which brings me to my brush choice. This brush was all of about $2.50 from bestshave.com. I had been hearing so much about this #6 horsehair brush on certain forums that i bought a couple. Heck I wanted the cost of the brushes to at least approach the shipping cost so I got 2! So my thoughts, well its early to say, only the first ever use. The one thing about horse brushes that I notice is the bristles cling to one another more so than badgers and boars. This creates clumps of bristles if you will and big gaps in the brush head. Does it effect performance? Well I dont know yet but I definitely notice it. The brush overall performed pretty well. Im looking forward to using it more in the future and I actually have a horsehair knot im going to install into a brush handle I have that Im really anxious to try out as well.
       The shave itself was a quick 3 pass, WG,XG,AG. The shave stick worked well. The brush did its job. The DE89 did fantastic. The Med Prep sure didnt let me down. The shave quality was very good, the shave experience was too rushed. The AS Blash worked great. I really need to mix up some scents other than the LIme I have been testing. While I love it and it goes with almost anything I really want to get some Baywood mixed for myself or some Zaro or Green Irish Tweed. Heck some customers got those scent to try out and I didnt make any for myself!
      Sorry I posted the SOTD so late. Its been a busy one with a lot of changes here at WSO coming up and the real job was a typical busy Monday. Thanks for bearing with me!
       Enjoy Your Shaves!
       Jim@WetShaveObsession


No comments:

Post a Comment