Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day

Thursday 3/13/2014
Merkur 30c
Personna Med Prep
Vie-Long Beehive Badger/Horse Mix
WetShaveObsession Ultimate PSO
WetShaveObsession Baywood Soap
WetShaveObsession Prototype Lime Blash



       So today I got up early while the wife and kids were asleep. this was on purpose. Made some coffee, listened to my favorite podcast ( http://brushnsoapnblade.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/ep-27-a-surprise-and-first-time/ ), took my time and really enjoyed my shave.
       The razor, A Merkur 30c, is a new one for me, but the head is not. Its a mild razor and I love the machining on the handle. Its a fairly deep spiral pattern and the grip is fantastic. For a blade I used my standby Personnas, Med Prep this time. You know there are many other baldes I like. I like Silver Blues, I like Voskhods, I like Polisilver SI's but I have 1 almost full box each of Personna Med Preps and Personna Labs. Every time I go to buy 100 of the other blades, which I do truly like, I just cant justify it as the Personnas perform so well, in every razor I own.
      For my brush I used the 2013 Vie Long Beehive in horse/badger mix. I have to talk about this brush. You know its easy to get caught up in brand names or certain knots and thinking that if you get a Simpson (and dont get me wrong they are fantastic) or you get a brush with a High Mountain White Badger Knot it will be amazing. Im sure many are. That being said I really try to judge based solely on performance, not how much I paid, or what brand it is, or what kind of knot it is. When I judge based on that this brush has actually become my favorite brush I own. I paid $50 for it and bought it as I wanted to try a horse hair brush but was afraid to jump all in with an all horse knot. Well I will tell you this is the best $50 I have spent. I ordered it from Phil over at Bullgoose and I have to say the whole experience, from the quality of this brush to the excellent service I got, has been exceptional.
      I used the Baywood Premium Shave Soap today and I used it in my "poor mans scuttle". Its a dip warmer i bought off of amazon for around $14 or so. I only break it out from time to time but it keeps the lather nice and warm. Also the heated lather allows the smell of the soap to fill the bathroom even more. A very pleasant experience.
      For my aftershave I used the Lime Prototype Blash. Now I know I keep talking about this and using it, but I am testing it out and I am very excited about releasing it. I am thinking within the next 2-3 weeks it will be live and available. I will be blogging more about the specific product sometime next week. At any rate it was very soothing and the citrus scent of the lime goes very well with the Baywoood Scent of the soap.
      All in all it was a nice, relaxing shave. Very pleasant, high quality, top notch shave today!

      Enjoy Your Shaves!
      Regards,
      Jim@WetShaveObsession

No comments:

Post a Comment