Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day - Schick Injector

Friday 3/21/2014
G-Series Schick Injector
Schick Injector Blade
Vulfix 2234 22mm Super Badger
WSO Prototype Shave Stick- "Signature " 
WSO Prototype Aftershave Blash- "Lime"


       So it took me all day to get this posted, I apologize. This am's shave was a fast one. I used a shave stick and face lathered. 
       When I first made the shave stick it was too hard. You had to run it under hot water for a while and rub hard on your face. I found I actually had to change my soap formula sightly to soften it up a bit. However after doing that now it applies fairy easily to the face and when you lather you end up with a LOT of lather if you aren't careful not to use too much (thats what happened here). I made several of these and sent a few out and kept a couple for myself. I like it and think it performs well but honestly there hasn't been much demand for a stick, so it may not come to be as part of the line. If anyone out there would like to see WSO Premium Shave Soap in shaving stick form, drop me an email or message me on twitter or facebook. Let me know. As of now I'm not convinced demand is high enough to warrant it. Maybe Ill just order some containers and with my left over instead of making partial puck samples and sending them to customers as surprise gifts in their orders I will make a shave stick with it and just occasionally offer what I have. Anyway back to the shave. 
       No pre-shave oil this am , I was in a hurry.  Face Lathered with the Vulfix 2234. I love this brush for face lathering. It is fantastic, good backbone but soft tips, holds a ton of lather. Its one of the few brushes that is smaller than 24mm that I still use.
       These injectors are very easy to shave with. They are definitely as close as you can get to a modern razor shave and still be "vintage". I do the same routine, 3 pass: WG,XG,AG. Very nice shave. You almost have to be careful and not get too lax. In fact I would not use one of these too many days in a row, I think it might cause me to fall into some bad habits! I recommend these old Schick Injectors to anyone. There were so many made, they are readily available , relatively  inexpensive, and you can still buy the Schick injector blades for them. In fact Im actually going through a bunch now restoring them. That is where this one came from.
       All in all this am's shave went great. I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked but sometimes that is the way it is. It was only until I took up wetshaving that shaving became a pleasure in any way. Before that everyday shaving was a task or a chore. The occasional shave like today where I get a good shave but cant take my time and truly enjoy it is still WAY better than the days of dreading doing it. 
      Hope everyone had a great Friday and a Fantastic Shave!
       Regards,
        Jim@WetShaveObsession.com

No comments:

Post a Comment