Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day - Single Edge Shave!

Thursday 3/20/2014
GEM MM Bullet Tip
GEM (Personna) SE Blade
Vie-Long 2013 Beehive Silvertip
WetShaveObsession Ultimate Pre-Shave Oil
WetShaveObsession "The Naud" Premium Shave Soap
WetShaveObsession Premium Aftershave-Natural (Unscented)

       So today was my first ever SE Razor shave! I wanted to be sure I prepped very well. I got a hot shower, after drying off I applied Pre-Shave Oil. I have found if I let the Pre-Shave Oil sit for a few minutes it is very well absorbed into the skin, conditioning it and the whiskers much better. After about 3 minutes I began my shave.
       I immediately noticed the biggest difference between the SE and DE was going to be the razor angle. With the SE the handle has to be held much closer to the face, at a much lower angle than with my DE razors. As soon as I got that down after 2-3 razor strokes it was on.
       My product selection was very straightforward. Tried and true for me. I noticed the same "form" if you will, is used with the SE. No head pressure, let the blade slice the whiskers. Chin was a bit tricky. Almost got one nick on it. I could see red but no bleeding. That was the only glitch the entire shave.
       I used my normal 3 pass shave method, WG,XG,AG. All in all a very good shave! I look forward to using the SE more in the future. I was excited to try it, I was impressed with the performance, and I will be using them more often. I have another Closed Comb SE as well as an Open Comb SE. I think next time I will use the Open Comb and see how that goes.
       Today was also my first use of the 20013 Vie-Long Beehive with Silvertip. I have the same brush in Badger/Horse mix and absolutely love it. I also liked this very much. I cant wait to see how much I will like it after several shaves. Nice backbone, very dense knot, soft tips. Great product from Phil over at Bullgoose.
       All in all I couldnt be happier with my first SE experience.
       I hope everyone has a fantastic shave today!
       Enjoy Your Shaves!
       Jim@WetShaveObsession


No comments:

Post a Comment