Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day

Wednesday 3/5/2014
1920's Ball End Tech
Voskhod
Plisson L'Occitane Synthetic
WetShaveObsession Prototype Scent
WetShaveObsession Natural Unscented Aftershave Balm
     So for tonights shave I used what is likely my oldest DE Razor. Amazing something 90 years old still works so well. I also used my new Plisson Synthetic. For my soap I tried a special WSO scent that I will be releasing as a limited edition run in a special packaging. 
     During my second run of soap production which I just completed, I made a special base scented batch just for this scent of soap. I had been saving it till things calmed down a bit and I have done some experimenting and ran a very small, few puck run. I have one and a couple close wetshaving friends each got one to test and offer honest input and feedback. More details in the upcoming weeks on that. 
     For my Aftershave I went with the WSO Natural Unscented Balm. 
     Overall it was a nice shave. The old Tech sure did its job as did the Voskhod. The new Plisson synthetic is soft as silk but I have to say it is a bit floppy. I have to use it a few times before I can form a final opinion. It did feel amazing on the face though. The soap performed as I had hoped it would. The aftershave was nice and soothing. I went unscented as it is late and I wont be going anywhere so I figured is just use the unscented. 
     One of the things I noticed in aftershaves was they either ultimately dry the face from too much astringent, or they are greasy, or they leave a film on your face, or a combo of the three. In formulating the WSO aftershave the goal was to address all 3 of these issues and based on feedback and my personal experience I think we have accomplished that. I like how it is non greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin leaving no film, and I like how it soothes and heals the skin very well. Even after a rough PM shave by the next day AM I am good to go for another shave if I want too. These are the crazy things you do when testing an aftershave. Purposely use an aggressive razor late one night for 3 passes and then get u early and shave again even though you dont have too, just to find out if your afterhsave balm is doing its job! 
      I hope everyone has a great shave today. After tonight I am very excited to work on this new limited edition scent run. I will keep you all infrmed.
      Enjoy Your Shaves!
      Jim@WetShaveObsession

   

No comments:

Post a Comment