Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Wednesday 4/23/2014
Pax 42. 3/8" ; H. Eicher and Sons Straight Razor
Vie-Long Lord Randal White Horsehair
WSO Mentholated Pre-Shave
WSO Bill the Barber Premium Shave Soap
WSO Lime Premium Aftershave Blash

           I am going to keep this brief as I am in the middle of several things at the moment. Soap is being made, orders are being packed, and shipping labels printed.
          As far as todays shave honestly I feel fantastic about it. Everything in this shave was top notch and much of it has some form of meaning to me. The razor is a vintage straight that I restored myself. It is a 3/8"which is a bit unusual and not very glamorous. So often people are caught up in and impressed with the large 7/8"blades etc and I will admit they are very nice and very desirable. A 3/8 razor is often thought of as a trim up razor or a cheap razor. In all honesty I think 3/8 and 4/8 straights are the absolute best straights someone can start with. They are so easy to use and so maneuverable it is an absolute pleasure to shave with one. Especially one you restored and honed yourself.
         The brush today is the new Vie-Long  Lord Randal from Bullgoose Shaving. What can I say- Phil nailed this one. The brush looks gorgeous, performs amazingly, and is a fantastic value at only $42 for the Natural White Horsehair knot. Fantastic brush destined to end up alongside my 2013 Vie-Long Beehive Badger-Horse mix and my Simpsons Colonel X2L as one of my top brushes.
         Even the bowl today was a personal favorite. It is a turned teakwood polynesian bowl. It is far more beautiful than the picture does it justice. It is also the perfect size and I absolutely love it.
        The software for the shave all performed well. I personally view Pre-Shave a necessity when I use a straight in particular. 
       The Bill the Barber soap worked extremely well. I add more water to my soap when I shave with a straight, The lather is a bit of a different consistency and one of the things I was looking for when formulating a soap was one that would do the job equally as well whether lathering for a de Safety Razor or for a straight and I honestly fee that the WSO Shave soaps do.
       The Aftershave Blash choice was a last minute one I had every intention of matching my soap selection by using a Bill the Barber scented blash but when I was reaching for it the Lime caught my eye and as you may have noticed in my SOTD  it is a perennial favorite of mine. There is something about that crisp citrusy finish to the shave I really like. At any rate the Lime Blash did its job well, first tightening then soothing and cooling the skin. It still feels fantastic right now.
       All in all a very rewarding shave with an excellent end result. Thanks for joining me today!
       Enjoy Your Shaves!
        Regards,
         Jim@WetShaveObsesssion



No comments:

Post a Comment