Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

WSO & Knockout Shave...Quite the 1-2 Punch !!

 I am extremely humbled and honored to make this announcement. WetShaveObsession has partnered with Knockout Shave, or Knockout Shave has partnered with WetShaveObsession, however you choose to look at it. At any rate in the coming weeks Knockout Shave will be carrying WetShaveObsession Premium Shave Soap.
       I have been approached by several retailers about the possibility of them selling WSO Premium Shave Soap. My response has always been the same, I barely am able to keep up with my direct orders and my margins are not set for a wholesale/retail scenario. Everyone politely replied that they understood and if the situation were to change to contact them.
       Everyone that is, except Knockout Shave. He continued to talk to me, to develop a relationship with me, allow me to get to know him. We spoke in depth and he shared how he will not sell anything he does not personally try or use and believe in himself. We talked in depth about our shared passion of wetshaving. We established and developed a friendship based on our shared passion. We also spoke in depth about business and about my concerns of how it was getting harder to keep up with customer demand. The last thing in the world I want is a customer wanting to use my soap or aftershaves or pre-shave, and not being able to get it.
       The conclusion we came to was that if I somehow could do a couple bulk batches of soap and wholesale them to a retailer that would agree to sell them at my fixed price  point, it would offer my customers an alternate source for product should I run out of stock. We both agreed this would help. If I was going to do something like this it was becoming more and more clear who I would want to do it with.
       The next issue we had to overcome was that of the profit margin of the soap. The pricing of WSO is by no means set up for a wholesale/retail scenario.  The ingredients are the finest and in almost all cases 100% organic raw materials available. The soapmaking process used is so labor intensive, however that labor is a labor of love and a passion, so it has never been appropriately valued when it comes to a product pricing standpoint. It was at this point motives and objectives became perfectly clear. The goal here, with him and me, was not to be greedy and make a ton of money. It was exactly the same for both of us, to be able to provide the customers that wanted it, WSO Premium Shave Soap.
       I would be able to provide an alternate source of stock for my customers. Customers that otherwise would have to either wait or choose not to purchase WSO Premium Shave Soap. He would be able to (and these are his words not mine) carry the best soap there is out there.  We both were willing to take a significant cut in profit margins in order to accomplish this end.
       To say I am excited about this relationship is an understatement. I have no doubts that it will work and work well as it is founded upon sound ethical principles, not greed. Its motives are good, thus its outcome shall be as well. Its an honor to be associated with a gentleman with the morals, ethics and character displayed by Knockout Shave. When you find a retailer whose ultimate goal is the same as yours, to provide people with the best possible shaving products possible, and not to try to make the most money possible, that is someone you better align yourself with as soon as possible. That is exactly what I did.
       So keep your eye out in the next week or two and visit Knockout Shave. It will be an honor having WetShaveObsession Premium Shave Soap for sale by this fantastic retailer, wet shaving enthusiast, and one heck of a good human being!.

Enjoy Your Shaves!
 Regards,
  Jim@WetShaveObsession
     

No comments:

Post a Comment