Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Tuesday 4/8/2014
Muhle R41
Polsilver Stainless
Vie-Long Peleon 23mm Horse Brush
WSO Mentholated Ultimate Pre-Shave Oil
WSO Green Irish Tweed Premium Shave Soap
WSO Green Irish Tweed Premium Aftershave Balm


       Today was a GIT, VIE, MP3 Shave! Green Irish Tweed, Vie-Long, Muhle, Polisilver, 3 pass shave!
        It is an extremely busy day so Im going to do the SOTD checklist style so I can get back to work!

Razor- Muhle R41 - Awesome. What a fantastic razor. This was my first ever shave with it and I love it. i have heard how aggressive it is and it is an aggressive razor but what a great shaver this is. I took my time and got a great shave in spite of a minor glitch ill get into next.

Blade- Polisilver Stainless. This was the glitch. I started my shave and felt some tugging. I thought it was perhaps because I hadnt shaved yesterday but after a couple strokes something wasnt cutting it. I swapped to a med prep and no more tugging...at all. The Polisilver Stainless, me and the R41 for whatever reason do not mix.

Brush - Vie-Long Peleon. More and more Im liking, no loving horse hair brushes. Soft, good back bone. Great at creating lather. I find myself reaching for a horse or horse badger mix brush more and more often lately. I really liked this brush and cant wait to try the Vie-Log Beehive Horse I recently obtained!

Pre-Shave Oil- Still really liking the Mentholated Pre-Shave Oil. Just seems to prep my face and skin so well. Even if it didnt improve the shave, which it does, it improves my skin condition post shave for certain. Iits worth using for that alone considering I use like 3 drops and it seems like its lasting forever.

GIT Premium Shave Soap - I love the scent of this soap. The performance is WSO Premium Shave Soap, the scent is just excellent. As you can see by the pic there was plenty of lather and the bathroom smelled amazing from the GIT. 

GIT Premium Aftershave Balm - I decided to go with the Aftershave Balm today simply because I wanted to switch it up. I have been using strictly the Aftershave Blash and it was nice using the balm. I had forgotten how soothing and calming it is. Very pleasant and extremely so in the GIT scent.

All in all, once I got the blade incompatibility issue squared away, this was an awesome shave. I mean top teir. Everything performed excellent. I love the R41, I love the Vie-Long, I love the Menthol Pre-Shave, I love the GIT scent in Soap and AS. This was a super close, super smooth, great smelling, great skin feeling shave.

I hope everyone out there has a shave like this today. this was honestly u there with my best ever shaves as far as performance and end result. I didn't get to totally relax and take my time, but man the results were phenomenal!

Enjoy Your Shaves!
Regards,
Jim@WetShaveObsesssion

No comments:

Post a Comment