Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

WSO Shave of The Day!

Sunday 4/6/2014
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Personna Med Prep (5th and final use)
Semogue OC 2012 SE Badger/Boar
WSO Mentholated Ultimate Pre-Shave Oil
WSO White Lightning Premium Shave Soap
WSO White Lightning Aftershave Balm


So todays shave is  called SST: Sunday, Semogue and a Tech!

       So this morning I got up knowing I had a very busy day ahead of me but I made sure I carved out 30 minutes for myself to dedicate to my shave. Im doing my Vintage Razor Review of the Week tomorrow so I went back and forth as to whether or not to use this Tech, obviously I decided to go for it!
          So I showered and after getting out I applied the mentholated Pre-Shave Oil. I put a little hot water on top of the White Lightnin Soap and Soaked the bristles of the brush in hot water in a mug. After about 5 minutes or so I commenced lathering the soap. The Semogue 2012 OC mixed knot brush was amazing for lathering. It churned out SERIOUS amounts of lather! 
          My face was already feeling pretty good from the PSO. I applied a small amount of warm water to my face , almost just patting my damp fingertips on my face. I applied the lather and started to shave. It was my typical 3 pass, WG,XG,AG shave. Each pass went flawlessly. I actually love the Gillette Techs. I really like the feel of the Fat Handle Tech as well. I know many people prefer or would prefer a heavier handle but I like the FHT just the way it is. The Tech head is so forgiving. You definitely need 3 passes but you end up with a fantastic shave, as I did today.
          To run through the Hardware and Software:
           Fat Handle Tech - What can be said, a mild but excellent razor. Easy to maneuver, hard to cut or   nick yourself , just a fine piece of razor engineering.
           Semogue 2012 OC SE - My first use of this brush that had only been used for test lathers up to this point. Man do I think I am going to love this! It churned out the lather like no one’s business and despite it being fairly new it felt very good on my face and I know it  will only get better. Its a 24mm knot which is right in the range I prefer. One thing, It did shed about 4-5 hairs, Im hoping thats a "new brush" thing. Really hoping.
            Software - What can I say. I mean I don't want to go on and on about the products over and over. They are my products, obviously I like them or I wouldn't have released them. I will say this. I was never a huge menthol fan. This entire Ultimate Skincare Line and in particular the White Lightning scent has converted me. They aren't eye watering menthol type products. They are feels fantastic menthol type products. Cooling, refreshing products, with numerous benefits to the skin. If you aren't a Pre-Shave Oil fan the Mentholated Pre-Shave may very well change your mind. It has a cleansing, super clean feel to it and it definitely benefits the overall quality of the shave and the entire shave experience.
          All in all today's shave was excellent. As much for the time I dedicated to myself doing it as for the performance of the Hardware and Software. Shaves like this one, the experience, the enjoyability, and the quality outcome are what wetshaving is all about for me.
           I did take one more picture. The Semogue churned out lather so quickly before I knew it I had a ton of lather. Way more than I would need. In fact enough for 2, 3-pass shaves. After I was done the entire shave process and final rinse and Aftershave Blash application and inspection I looked down and saw all the lather I had left. Then I noted the condition of the lather. Still thick, rich, glistening. The lather of the WASO soaps holds up fantastically well. The Pic below is of the left over lather after a good 20 minutes had passed:


          Thanks very much for joining me for today's shave. I hope you all have as equally an enjoyable shaving experience today!

Enjoy Your Shaves!
 Regards,
   Jim@WetShaveObsession
            


No comments:

Post a Comment