Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Monday 4/28/2014
Schick Type E Injector
Schick Injector Blade
Shave Factory Small Horsehair Brush
WSO Pre-Shave Oil (new batch)
WSO Vetiver Premium Shave Sop
WSO Vetiver Aftershave Blash

       So today I used some new products and an old blade. I knew the Blade in this Type E injector pretty much had it but I wanted to see how the shave would go using the WSO products and a known beat blade. This is my favorite if the Schick Injectors, one of the most aggressive. I like the way this razor shaves very much.
       The brush is a Shaving Factory $10 shipped horsehair brush. Now there has been debate that this is not horsehair at all but boar. I am not certain how anyone could question if this is horse of not once it gets wet. This smells like wet horse. Doubts erased. Rarely can I leave anything alone I get and thats the case with this brush. I sanded the cheap finish on it and coated it with 3 coats of spar urethane, sanding between all coats. If you are looking for an intro to horse brush this one is a great value at only $10 and is not a bad brush. It only shed a few hair in the beginning then stopped. Its prob got 40 test lathers and a few shave uses under its belt. Hey for $10 shipped- its a darn good value. Its no Vie-Long , but it isnt bad at all.
       Today's shave was interesting. I mainly wanted to see if the Pre-Shave Oil and the Soap could help to overcome a blade that needed replacing. I will be honest, it cant 100%. It can help, but it cant overcome it. I did half my face in Pre-Shave Oil, half with none. The half with none was less comfortable to shave and there was more pull for certain. The side with the Pre-Shave Oil was better but I could still detect the blade needed replacing. I was sufficiently satisfied that indeed the Pre-Shave was making a difference.
       On to the soap. this is a new vetiver scent of WSO Soap that may be released shortly. It is out with testers right now, probably just a formality as the real boss, my wife, likes it. As you may have heard me say before, if she likes a scent you might as well just go with it. She seems to have that knack. Plus she provides that ever important spouses opinion that can result in the pleasant purchasing experience of a product. In all seriousness Im liking this scent. In fact it is one of those that initially I liked it and thought yes I think this would be we received to now smelling it often thinking there is something about it I really like but haven't figured out yet.
       The Vetiver Aftershave Blash offered a great finish to not the smoothest shave. It was a great way to test the soothing properties of the balm, the dull blade that is. In spite of a fairly rough shave, my face feels pretty good.
      Actually in spite of the poor blade condition overall the shave outcome is not that bad. All in all it was an interesting shave experience and I very much enjoyed the new scent and the performance of the Pre-Shave Oil. I accomplished my goal and look forward to a shave tomorrow with a finely honed & stropped straight or a new med prep, feather or personnna lab! lol
        I hope you all have fantastic shaves today!
         Regards,
          Jim@WetShaveObsession
      

No comments:

Post a Comment