Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate is NOT Sodium Laureth Sulfate !!

      Sadly sometimes in forums information gets passed around that is often inaccurate. I don't think this is intentional at all, but it happens all the time. The thing that is frightening about it is it gets adopted, accepted, and regurgitated as fact.
       I am specifically referring to some confusion I recently observed regarding Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate.
        You see Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a synthetically derived detergent that is synthesized using sulfuric acid. It can be a potential skin irritant and I would never use it in my soap.
          Now Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate is a completely different animal. It is a very mild, skin friendly, foaming agent that is naturally derived from palm and coconut oil. It has virtually no irritant properties whatsoever in the concentration used and I use it in my soaps without hesitation.
       Now it is easy to see where some serious misinformation could be perpetrated given the closeness of the names of the 2 substances and how people might assume based on that that they were the same thing. Nothing could be further from the truth. I would strongly encourage those that have any questions regarding ingredient or ingredient properties to go ahead and email me or contact me via twitter or pm me on the forums. I will be more than happy to accurately answer any questions you might have.
       This actually ties in well as I have been considering doing a featured ingredient of the month write up here on the blog.  This write up could be on Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate this month; The all natural , skin friendly, mild, irritation free lathering agent used in WSO Premium Shave Soap!
Enjoy Your Shaves!
Regards,
Jim@WetShaaveObsession




2 comments:

  1. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Caustic Soda Flakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that great information. Also, find about Sodium Laureth Sulphate Supplier who offers the best quality Sodium Laureth Sulphate

    ReplyDelete