Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

WSO Saturday Straight Shave of the Day!

Saturday 4/26/2014
Wm Elliot & Co Straight Razor
Simpson Colonel X2L
WSO Mentholated Pre-Shave Oil
WSO White Lightning Soap
WSO White Lightning Blash

Nice Consistency Straight Razor Shave Lather for me. YMMV


       So the wife was so kind as to give me a 30 minute hiatus while shes took sole custody if the children (no small task) so I could get a nice shave. So first of Thank You to my beautiful wife Stefanie!
       This was a very pleasant shave from start to finish. This is one of the few straight razors I have that I got pretty much already restored. Most of them need at the very least need a serious cleaning, blade and scale polishing, and serious honing. This razor came 100% shave ready and in beautiful condition. It is a Wm Elliot & Co 5/8"and it is a very nice shaving razor in my opinion.
        Now I am no straight razor expert by any means and it is only recently I got back into shaving with a straight. I have to say it has rejuvenated my excitement for wetshaving, not that it needed it, but it has! I am enjoying both the shaving and in many cases the razor restoring and the razor preparation as well.
       Prep for todays shave was a hot water face wash and WSO Mentholated Pre-Shave Oil. This is actually being released today as a new product. I will be posting a write up upon its release so I will not say too much here. I have been using this for some time, many of you if you follow my SOTD have seen me using it. I will say one this. I have heard many, many, times that Pre-Shave Oil does nothing for someone's shave, or, "I have tried it and it didnt make a difference". This Pre-Shave Oil is actually designed to do something. For me it makes a difference during the shave, it makes a difference in the end result.
       The soap used is WSO White Lightning, a favorite choice of mine for straight razor shaves. It and the Lime seem to be my go to's when I use a straight for some unplanned, random, reason. Perhaps because I really enjoy the Blash after a straight shave and I have matching Blash in those 2 scents! The soap scent is not a conscious one, the Blash use post straight shave definitely is.
      The shave went very well. I did one pass and several touch up passes id say. Not full passes but areas that needed going over. The side of my chin both right and left. One portion of my neck, and a couple other small places. I am happy to say it was a full straight razor shave that went very well. As I am feeling my face now it seems there is one small area where I could have done a tad better but overall I am pleased.
       The post shave inspection/Blash application went well. I definitely like the soothing of the blash after a shave, especially so after a straight razor shave. My skin feels very good right now.
       Everything went very well with todays straight shave and again thanks to my beautiful wife for allowing me the time to enjoy it. Im off to take the kids for Water Ice, its a pretty nice day here in Southeast PA today, off to enjoy it a bit!
       Enjoy Your Shaves!
        Regards,
         Jim@WetShaveObsession

No comments:

Post a Comment