Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Sunday 4/27/2014
Vintage 4/8" Severin French Point Straight
Vie-Long Peleon Brown Horsehair Brush
WSO Mentholated Pre-Shave Oil
WSO Bill the Barber Soap
WSO Green Irish Tweed Balm

          I will keep this short and sweet. Had a fantastic shave tonight, This Severin was everything I hoped it would be and more. The razor came to me in fantastic condition. I washed it and lightly hand polished scales and then blade. I freshened it with 40 laps with green compound then stropped it, then it was ready to shave. Arm hairs were flying. I was very fortunate to receive a razor that was so well taken care of.
       This razor provides excellent maneuverability and great audible feedback. I could hear the whiskers slicing, it was very very nice. 
       I am very pleased and proud of the new Mentholated Pre-Shave Oil. It works wonderfully. Both softening and conditioning the whiskers while acting on the pore of the skin causing the whiskers to extend and stiffen then slightly. I attribute this to the very minimal amount of SD40 which is just enough to keep menthol is solution and maintain product sterility. That being said its astringent qualities def assist the menthol in exerting its effects on the pores of the skin.
      I got the Bill the Barber lather to my desired "straight shave" consistency and it performed beautifully. I had way more than required for the single pass and multiple touch ups.
       This was a full straight only shave , my 2nd in a row, and it came out better than yesterdays. I think my straight technique is improving.
       Now usually I use a blash post straight shave, but today I decided to go with the Balm. What a pleasant choice. Bot only do I love the Green Irish Tweed scent, the balm is rich and soothing without that greasy feel. My skin feels very soft and moisturized and well protected at the moment.
       All in all this was a very good shave. im thrilled with the new straight and pleased with the product performance. I enjoyed this shave very much!
       Enjoy Your Shaves!
        Regards,
        Jim@WetShaveObsesssion


No comments:

Post a Comment