Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2014

WSO Shave of the Day!

Thursday 4/3/2014
Standard Razor
Personna Blue Lab
23mm Horsehair Brush


          So today I received my Standard Razor. I have been waiting almost exactly one month for it to arrive. In fact I ordered it on the 3rd of March and if it hadn't shipped by the 3rd of April I was seriously contemplating getting a refund. That, however, did not happen. Which it turns out is a good thing.
          It is a mild razor. It handles a lot like a fat handled tech. Even feels like one as far as the shave but slightly more effective. The handle is longer and fatter than I thought it would be which it turns out is a good thing. It performs well. It is milder than a DE89. Very lightweight, very maneuverable. All in all it is a very good performing razor. Is it $70 good? Eh I paid like $60 with the free shipping and discount code and I do not feel slighted in any way.
           The Standard Razor feels a lot like the closed comb side of the Ikon Shavecraft 101. I noticed this about it, the base plate where it touches the skin before the blade cuts the whisker is sharper or comes to a sharper point. This seems to do something for the effectiveness of the razor.
After my first pass I was like: Eh pretty good, handles well, After the second pass I was more impressed. After the third and final AG pass I was very impressed. The final result was a very impressive, smooth, comfortable and what felt like an easy shave.

          As far as my software for my shave today I finally used something other than the White Lightning Premium Shave Soap and White Lightning Premium Aftershave Blash. I used the other scent in our Ultimate Skincare Line, Vanillawood.
          Vanillawood scent is a Sandalwood scent with Vanilla Undertones. I have pretty much kept this one under wraps until today when it was released. This scent is absolutely intoxicating. It is a combination of East Indian and Arabian Sandalwood Organic Essential Oils and Organic Vanilla Oleoresin.
            It is a pleasing, soothing scent, and the effects of these particular essential oils are not lost on the skin. It is a soothing, moisturizing, skin softening, pleasing experience. Honestly I have been hard pressed to think of a soap or aftershave I would enjoy more than I have been enjoying the White Lightning mentholated Premium Shave Soap and Aftershave Blash, however I think I have found it in this. My biggest problem is I only had a small partial puck of the shave soap leftover that I kept for my own personal use and I may have to raid the WetShaveObsession Store stock sooner rather than later to ensure I have plenty to use!
          Another added bonus to this scent is that my wife absolutely loves it. In the world of Wetshaving I have found there are many scents I enjoy such as Clubman or Bay Rum but the wife refers to them as "old man" scents. To be able to offer a "traditional" yet truly unique scent such as this one and have the wife like it is an added bonus! 
          Al in all today was a very pleasant shave. It was a bit rushed thus no personally taken pic, for that I apologize. I used all new products with the exception of the blade and the brush(which I will talk about more in the future, I am liking horsehair) and they all performed exceptionally well. I am looking forward to sharing with this Standard Razor often in the future and I am looking forward to using these WSO Vanillawood Ultimate Skincare Products quite often. I could not be more pleased with the performance and the amazing scent of them.
          I hope everyone has or had a fantastic shave today!
           Enjoy Your Shaves!
            Regards,
             Jim@WetShaveObsession.com

No comments:

Post a Comment