Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2014

WSO Proudly introduces Bevel....the Shaving Soap Formulated Specifically for the Straight Razor Shave....

WSO Proudly Introduces Bevel
       
              So as some of you may or may not know I recently got back into straight razor shaving quite ardently.  I quickly recalled how when I use a straight I prefer the consistency of my lather to be different than when I shave with a DE or Injector. I like it to be thinner and very slick. I began to think to myself what if I were to formulate a soap that naturally produced a thinner, yet rich and slick lather. One where the more lather you produced or the more product you continued to incorporate it would still have a slightly thinner consistency. I set about the task of formulating such a soap. 
              Very quickly I realized that even though straight shavers may prefer a thinner consistency lather, there still needed to be a certain amount of user flexibility as not everyone prefers their lather exactly the same. I expected this undertaking to take quite a few sample batches, and it did, but I honestly have to say all the homework I had done in setting about on this hobby months and months ago paid off. Knowing which oils I selected for which reasons, their fatty acid and their triglyceride content and what that translated to as far as lather production, as well as the additives and what they provide asw well paid off significantly in this undertaking. Very quickly I had a workable soap that performed well. Well, however, is not good enough. I did a few more tweaks, gave out a cule samples, used it on my own and I had what I was looking for.
              Now for the scent. I wanted it to have a bit of an old time feel. Some slight citrus, moss, leather, hint of tobacco,  barely perceptible vanilla influence. It had to have a cologne type fragrance to it, one that would take the user back a bit. The feel of a simpler time. Its definitely a fougere based scent but unlike Zaro not an upscale fougere. More of a journeymans fougere if that makes sense. A woodsy fougere. A daily wear fougere that provided a comfortable feel. I think I have accomplished that. 
               The best part about this soap is that while it is designed primarily for straight razor shavers it definitely offers the user the flexibility to create a lather that is more than acceptable for a DE or Injector shave. In fact if you are a DE shaver that doesn't like lather so thick it clogs between the blade and the conb of the razor but still offers great slickness, cushion and performance this is one you will want to try.
              So as you can see I have not sent the last week with the Etsy store closed twiddling my thumbs. I had a major USPS shipping issue with an entire shipment of 14 orders that needed straightening out, but much of my other time was spent on this task. When the store reopens tonight at 9pm est there will be a limited number of pucks of Bevel available for sale. I sincerely hope all that choose to try this soap enjoy it as much as I and the testers have. It performance has made straight shaving a tad bit easier for me to re-acclimate too. 
               In a way I am surprised no one has done this before, but in a way I am not. This is a very niche market and not exactly a large enough % of the traditional shaving market to target if your goal is to sell a ton of soaps. However if your goal is to fulfill what i see as a potential need, something that will help to improve the traditional shave even for a smaller portion of the market , it is worth it. Also I will be honest, I would have made something like this for myself to use eventually anyway, Why not share it as I have have shared my other products that started off the same way.
               Stay tuned for the release of Bevel, the shaving soap formulated with the straight razor shaver in mind!
               Enjoy Your Shaves!
                Regards,
                  Jim@WetShaveObsession

No comments:

Post a Comment