Search This Blog

Thursday, May 8, 2014

USPS Shipping Issue and Store Update...

        The USPS issue is supposedly worked out by them. I have 14 orders, all shipped around the same exact time that are supposedly now en route. Unfortunately the tracking update process, which seems to be an issue as far as being updated as often orders are received before statuses change, cannot be "bypassed".
       I refuse to open the store and take and ship more orders until these customers are guaranteed taken care of, I have reiterated the changes I will implement to ensure this does not happen again. Everything that is in my control will be done including:
       1- Random order tracking checks, 2/day to make sure things are proceeding as scheduled
       2- I will now be using a different USPS location to drop off orders.
       3- Either my wife or myself, whomever drops off orders, will wait in line and have the items scanned and obtain a printed receipt of the package scans as opposed to using the designated drop off counter at the Post Office.
       I certainly apologize for this inconvenience & feel absolutely horrible. I am also ensuring I have back up stock set aside to fulfill any of these orders should any other issues arise with their delivery. I thank all the affected customers for your patience, which has been more than generously displayed by every one I might add. The wetshaving community is astounding (in quite the positive way). In a week where I received several emails that required I explain the exact situation that is WSO, I have also received tremendous kindness, understanding and support from these customers effected by this, That will not be forgotten and I am extremely grateful for it.
       As far as the store goes, again, I will not take money from people until those who have paid and have been effected by this are ensured taken care of, That is only right in my mind. Also there will be some restructuring as to how things are done here at WSO to try to better keep up with demand and more thoroughly ensure that the shipper is upholding its responsibility in the equation. I will say this, up until now I have had no issue with the USPS and I certainly hope this is an isolated one. Nothing leads me to believe it is not as for months the service has been quite good and rather prompt I must say.
      Once again I apologize to all those effected and also to those who are waiting to order. I will and am doing my best to do right by my existing customers and will do the same for my future customers and supporters as well. As I have stated before this is a hobby for me that has taken off to a degree never expected. I am doing my best to balance career, family and hobby, and Family and career will always come first. That being said nothing is more important to me after my family than ensuring those that have spent their hard earned money on WSO products are taken care of to the best of my ability.
       Thank You and Enjoy Your Shaves!
        Regards,
         Jim@WetShaveObsession

ps: Pease feel free to contact me via email at any time: Jim@WetShaveObsession.com
   

No comments:

Post a Comment