Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Henckels 78 Clean Up

       This Henckels 78 cooperated nicely.





















       So this cant really be called a restoration. It really was quite a sound razor. Aligned perfectly and tight in the scales. The scales still have a couple deeper scratches and they actually look shinier in the pics than they really are. As I began cleaning them up to see what I was looking at they took on almost a semi gloss look to them. It was rather appealing and had almost a utilitarian look to it.I liked the look very much so rather than go all out and get a mirror finish I decided to leave them. Im glad I did, it suits the razor and my tastes well.
       I had hoped I might get away with what I call my "get lucky hone", 30 laps 5000/ 35 laps 8000/ 40 laps 12000 / strop w/ grn com./ plain strop, but it soon became apparent for this to be done right the bevel will need to be reset. I have yet to do that. Im looking forward to honing it properly and shaving with it. Hopefully next weekend I will get to shave with it.
Enjoy Your Shaves!
 Regards,
   Jim@WetShaveObsession

No comments:

Post a Comment