Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

WSO Update and Thank You!

          First off I apologize for my absence from the forums and from social media aside from some updates re my Mothers's condition. The outpouring of support, thoughts and prayers has quite simply blown me away. For that I want to express my deepest thanks to everyone. Thank you for the thoughts, the prayers, the well wishes, the extended (very extended) patience. There is something special about this community and I hope every single person gets to experience it, albeit I hope it is under different circumstances.
          As I tend to do I will probably blabber on to long but I want to touch on a twitter post that was made re always wanting more when it comes to razors and soaps and everything else. It was  the few posts I replied to and my comment was, "It is good to want what we have as opposed to have what we want". The comment oddly enough meant more to me than razors and soaps and brushes. In a time where someone in your family is in a difficult situation it makes you reflect on appreciate what you have and have had. It is sad that it takes such an event to do so, but at times it does. So far be it from me to tell anyone what to do in their life, but truly appreciating what you have and not taking i for granted as opposed in the endless quest of wanting more may be something at one time or another we could all benefit from doing. At this particular time all I want in life is what I have and I want it dearly.
          A quick update on my mother to answer the numerous emails, many of which have been unreplied and for that I am sorry. She is in a holding pattern, in Cardiac ICU, and we are hoping and praying for some improvements. Her main surgery was 11 days ago, she should have been out of icu 9 days ago. After staring off recovering well within 24-36 hrs there was a serious setback. The good news is she is not getting worse, the bad news is it imperative she shows signs of improvement. Enough said.
          On to business. A relative will be with my Aunt and Sister a the hospital allowing me some time this am and then later tonight to do some shipping of orders. Please bear with me, I will work as hard as I can in the time permitted to ship as many orders as is humanly possible. I should be able to continue to do so over the next few days and will get everyone's orders en route as quickly as I can. This is a welcome reprieve in many ways as I can be immersed in this and keep my mind occupied and rest easier that I am fulfilling my commitments.
          That brings me to my next thought. I will not forget this and in the future when all this is past I wil think of some way of returning this favor to the community and especially to those who have shown extended patience with outstanding orders. I dont know how, I dont know what, but I will.
         One last Thank You to everyone, customers, community members and even fellow Artisans ( B&M is tops with me folks- good people first- cant say enough about them) for the thoughts, prayers, good vibes and support. A quick special thank you to those who have stepped up and even assumed responsibility to assist in handling WSO issues and informing the community of the situation if they were not aware via social media and my blog or personal correspondence. You people know who you are and you will have a special place with me from this time forward.
             
             Sincerest Regards,
                                          Jim@WetShaveObsession


No comments:

Post a Comment