Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bill the Barber...

So I just got an email asking about one of my upcoming Soap and Aftershave Balm scents being released on Monday. The scent is "Bill the Barber".
If you haven't noticed I name some of my scents after people in my life. For example Louie's Coconut Lime is named after my kindred spirit Louie, whom I met purchasing a shaving brush off of Amazon. Without his support this entire endeavor would have never taken place. Thanks Buddy!
Anyway back to "Bill the Barber", when I was a kid and most of my young adult life I went to a Barber named Bill. I mean since my first haircut I went there. My father went there, and his father went there. Well as a young boy I remember Bill asking me after my haircut, every time, " Ok Now you want some fu-fu juice"? I would nod and he would take a glass decanter and splash some yellowish aftershave on his hands, wiping most of it off on himself and lightly pat my face and neck. I will never forget that smell. The scent "Bill the Barber" is that scent. I smell it and it takes me right back. Back to my father taking me for my haircut and  back to Bill asking "OK now you want some fu-fu juice"
There are certain scents I make because I think others will like them, there are one I make because I know people already like them. this one I made because I like it. I made this one for me and I'll be totally honest, if I don't sell a puck, thats ok, cause I can shave with and smell this one for the rest of my life and be a happy man.
However I also think they are plenty of guys out there that have their own "Bill the Barber", and while maybe he didn't ask, or maybe he didn't call it fu fu juice, and probably he wasn't named Bill, the smell will take them back too. I have a feeling they will enjoy this scent for what it is as well.
Enjoy Your Shaves!
Jim@WetShaveObsession

No comments:

Post a Comment